FRIEND/FRIENDSHIP

 Eguh Nnamdi's Nugget





Topic: FRIEND/FRIENDSHIP


Word: Proverbs 18:24 KJV

A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.




Here's My Take:


Different Dictionary Definitions(DDD)


Cambridge dictionary defined it as "a person who you know well and who you like a lot, but who is usually not a member of your family"

Almost all the Dictionaries are saying the same thing: knowing. Who you know very well should be who you should call friend. But it goes on to say...not a member of your family. Family here connotes so many things. It could be same Church, same tribe, same occupation, same organization, etc.


Just like I said, don't make friends out of sentiment; because he is from your side then he should become your friend. And you'll say, he's the only person from my side in this locality. In case if anything happens to me, he'll report back home. Hahaha.

This shouldn't be the basis for making Friendship. If such should be your reason, then it's acquaintance not friendship.


Friendship could be "family" and could go beyond that. Have a liberal mind when it comes to making friends, because your family may not be everywhere. Their ideologies may be one sided. For instance, if your friends are only from your tribe, their mentalities may likely be same. But when you involve different tribes, you'll have other mentalities added.


Conclusion:

Great men are versatile and open minded in their relationship. They're not one sided. To be better in anything you do, you have to know(go) your left, right, front and back.


Song:

As I lay me down

Heaven hear me now

I'm lost without a cause

After giving it my all

Winter storms have come

And darkened my sun

After all that I've been through

Who on earth can I turn to?


I look to you

I look to you

After all my strength is gone

In you, I can be strong

I look to you

I look to you

And when melodies are gone

In you, I hear a song

I look to you


Prayer:

Father bring me close to my friends and let them help to bring out the best in me. Amen.




Do you trust God???



To Join Our WhatscApp Group 

Text/Reply "Add Me"

For Sponsorship or any info Call/WhatsApp: +2348094598538



NO PART OF THIS WRITE-UP SHOULD BE PUBLISHED OR DUPLICATED BY ANY MEANS WHATSOEVER WITHOUT THE PERMISSION OF THE AUTHOR. ANY OF SUCH WILL FACE THE COPYRIGHT LAW.

Just share and don't sale!



#ENdailynuggetsteam


Post a Comment

0 Comments