FRIENDS/FRIENDSHIPS:

 Eguh Nnamdi's Nugget





Topic: FRIEND/FRIENDSHIP


Word: 1 Kings 11:2 NIV

“You must not intermarry with them, because they will surely turn your hearts.....” 


Here's My Take:


What can end friendships:


14. Marriage: Directly deposited: 


Reasons for Directly Deposited:

2. Not to be misunderstood: this is one of the major reasons why some friendships end after marriage. It's always an issue when the man have close female friends, and the woman have same. And to avoid being misunderstood, they'll start avoiding any of their friends from opposite gender.


This kind of reaction is seen more in black race and some part of Asia. It's found in a home where everyone is careful not to be seen as promiscuous.

I remembered having such an encounter. I had this very close older friend, before she got married, I'd slept in her place, with her younger sister too. But few years after marriage, I was stranded somewhere close to her place. I requested for a night over her place, she said nope.


She simply told me, "Nna my husband is not around, and if anyone see you leaving my house in the morning, they'll misunderstood me". I was like just a night?! She said, you won't understand. I told her I get it. I then find another means to pass the night.

Though we're still friends, but not that close, to avoid her hubby misunderstanding us.


Conclusion:

The fear of not being tagged promiscuous is the end of friendship after marriage


Song:

1 How sweet the name of Jesus sounds 

in a believer's ear! 

It soothes our sorrows, heals our wounds, 

and drives away our fear. 


2 It makes the wounded spirit whole 

and calms the troubled breast; 

'tis manna to the hungry soul, 

and to the weary, rest.


Prayer:

Father help to live a life of trust. Amen.



Who is the keeper of your soul???


To Join Our WhatscApp Group 

Text/Reply "Add Me"

For Sponsorship or any info Call/WhatsApp: +2348094598538


NO PART OF THIS WRITE-UP SHOULD BE SOLD OR MAKE PROFIT FROM WITHOUT THE PERMISSION OF THE AUTHOR. ANY OF SUCH WILL FACE THE COPYRIGHT LAW.

Just share and don't sale!



#ENdailynuggetsteam


Post a Comment

0 Comments