The Old Prophet 4

Eguh Nnamdi's Nugget





Topic: The Old Prophet 4


Word: 1 Kings 13:8‭-‬9 NKJV

But the man of God said to the king, “If you were to give me half your house, I would not go in with you; nor would I eat bread nor drink water in this place. For so it was commanded me by the word of the Lord , saying, ‘You shall not eat bread, nor drink water, nor return by the same way you came.’ ”




Here's My Take:


Let's deviate a little...



The world took their guidelines, rules, regulations from the scripture, with just little amendment. There's this sentence I love so much that police officers use, thus, "anything you say or do shall be used against you in the court of law". This statement connotes the verse of the Scripture that says "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.” Matthew 12:37 NKJV


From my perspective, I'll blame the Young MOG for what happened to him. His words were used against him. How? When God told him not to eat or drink anything, God didn't tell him to go and be broadcasting it. That warning was for his personal consumption and not for general interest. Yes.


Most times we do not know when we say things or tell people things we shouldn't have told them. Especially spiritual matters. Some times out of excitement we vomit everything. This can be, especially when we're teaching/preaching, and we noticed that the audience are all ears, eyes wide open, with smiles of acceptance on their faces, we start saying things we shouldn't said. At this point, some preachers do loose control.

So the young man indicted himself with his words, which cost him a lot.


Conclusion: 

Words are powerful tools, just like mechanical tools, it's either it(used to) builds or it(used to) destroy


Song:

Just as I am, without one plea,

but that thy blood was shed for me,

and that thou bidd'st me come to thee,

O Lamb of God, I come, I come.


Prayer:

Father may the words of my mouth not be used against me. Amen.



Do you believe that JESUS is coming again???


To Join Our WhatsApp Group 

Text/Reply "Add Me"

For Sponsorship or any info Call/WhatsApp: +2348094598538



NO PART OF THIS WRITE-UP SHOULD BE PUBLISHED OR DUPLICATED BY ANY MEANS WHATSOEVER WITHOUT THE PERMISSION OF THE AUTHOR. ANY OF SUCH WILL FACE THE COPYRIGHT LAW.



#ENdailynuggetsteam



BIRTHDAY Loading...30%

Post a Comment

0 Comments