Eguh Nnamdi’s Nugget
Topic: THE GOLIATH
Word: 1 Samuel 17:4 KJV
“And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span.”
Here's My Take:
Intro..
“Goliath walked out toward David with his shield bearer ahead of him, sneering in contempt at this ruddy-faced boy. “Am I a dog,” he roared at David, “that you come at me with a stick?” And he cursed David by the names of his gods. “Come over here, and I’ll give your flesh to the birds and wild animals!” Goliath yelled.”
“David replied to the Philistine, “You come to me with sword, spear, and javelin, but I come to you in the name of the Lord of Heaven’s Armies—the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. Today the Lord will conquer you, and I will kill you and cut off your head.”
“And then I will give the dead bodies of your men to the birds and wild animals, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel! And everyone assembled here will know that the Lord rescues his people, but not with sword and spear. This is the Lord’s battle, and he will give you to us!””
— 1 Samuel 17:41-47 NLT
Conclusion:
Don't forget that every Goliath has something they use to harm people. Always be wise and vigilant around your Goliath.
Song:
almost too wonderful to be,
that God's own Son should come from heav'n,
and die to save a child like me.
Prayer:
Lord help me to identify every Goliath that has come to trouble my life. Amen.