Natural Affection:

 

Eguh Nnamdi's Nugget



Topic: Natural Affection

Word: 2 Corinthians:6:12 NIV
We are not withholding our affection from you, but you are withholding yours from us.



Here's My Take:

"The word stergeo ("natural affection") is one of four Greek words for "love," but it is never used at all in the New Testament. It refers to the natural love that members of the same family have for each other.

It is such a common characteristic of all peoples that there was apparently no occasion to refer to it at all--except when it is not present, when people lose their instinctive love for their own parents and children, and thus are "without natural affection." Copied from "Brett Denman, community blogger"

In other words, Natural Affection is unannounced/unnoticed kind of love or likeness that exists between people especially friends, families and/or neighbors. Nobody will talk about, but when such love is missing, that's when it will be noticed. But while they were living together, it's that Affection that was holding them together as one.

To be continued...

Conclusion:
Note: Stergeo("natural affection") isn't the same thing as Agape Love, and it's very far different from Eros Love.

Song:
Just one passion, one purpose
To know You more and more
When I know You, I'll find me
Just one passion, one purpose
To know You more and more
When I know You, I'll find me

No life outside You
No one besides You
Let me know You more and more
When I know You, I'll find me

Prayer:
Holy Ghost teach us to Love like Christ. Amen.

*For Sponsorship or any info WhatsApp: +2348094598538. For previous post on Facebook: #ENdailynuggetsteam*

NO PART OF THIS WRITE-UP SHOULD BE SOLD OR MAKE PROFIT FROM, WITHOUT THE PERMISSION OF THE AUTHOR. ANY OF SUCH WILL FACE THE COPYRIGHT LAW. Just share and don't sale!

#ENdailynuggetsteam

Post a Comment

0 Comments