Spiritual Long-sightedness:

 Eguh Nnamdi's Nugget





Topic: Spiritual Long-sightedness

 

Word: 1 Samuel 2:12 RSV

The sons of Eli were worthless men; they had no regard for the Lord.



Here's My Take:

Example Of Spiritual Long-sighted Persons:


Finally on Eli: In life, everyone has a part to play; as a father, mother, and/or child. It's left for everyone of us to play his/her part well. That was actually the problem in the case of Eli and his children. Eli didn't play his well.


Let's assume that Eli was very busy; judging the people and doing a lot of temple stuff, and because of that he wasn't there to scold his children all the times reports of their evil were coming to him. My question is, what about his wife(their mother)? The Bible didn't say anything about her, reasons I can't say.


But apart from the Elis, any family where the Father ignores his role, and the mother does hers; or the father does his, and the mother ignores hers, their children will find it very difficult to live right. Because they'll be distracted by what they're seeing.


Conclusion:

Bad things are learnt faster than good. Therefore do everything you can to withhold bad things from them.


Song:

I Have a Dream, a song to sing

To help me cope, with anything

If you see the wonder, of a fairy tale

You can take the future, even if you fail


I believe in angels

Something good in everything I see

I believe in angels

When I know the time is right for me

I'll cross the stream, I Have a Dream


Prayer:

Father gives the Grace to be better parents, and cause our children to live right. Amen???



*Natural Affection Loading...*



#ENdailynuggetsteam


Post a Comment

0 Comments